Sunday 14 February 2010

A tribute to a true genius...


I have been sitting for days trying to find something to write on this blog. I have wanted to do a tribute post for the late Lee ‘Alexander’ McQueen for days, but the truth is his untimely death still hasn’t really sunk in.

Firstly my deepest sympathies and thoughts go out to his family and friends. I can’t even begin to understand how you must be feeling at this tragic time. I know I didn't know him so I feel bad for feeling upset but I hope you find strength in each other.

McQueen was such an inspiration to a whole generation of people, not only those in the fashion industry or those embarking on a career but artists in any sense. A true iconic designer that is most certainly is up there in the top British designers.

His shows were always amazing spectacles and each one always out did the last, always rising above and beyond the expectations of the previous collections, however it was never impossible to overlook the clothes. Such precision, finely tailored and sculpted outfits, each one flattering the figure and each one truly mesmerising pieces. He never failed to show his creativity and true genius. Each garment was an art piece in its own right and together his entire collections were truly astonishing. I don’t think there is any collection that he did that didn’t completely blow my mind.

For many years it has been a passion of mine to work for him, I am saddened that I will never get this opportunity. He was more than just a fashion icon but an inspiration to my life and proof that anybody can achieve if they try hard enough. As a student studying design I always looked forward to his shows and seeing what new and inventive garments or ways of displaying his shows he would come up with next. I hope that his talent and creativeness will live on and inspire and touch a whole new generation of designers and artists how it has touched and helped me.

I hope you are at peace now.

Hayley x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...