Thursday 2 June 2011

Fake Magazine

Back in March I was approached by
stylist Sophie Benson to
borrow some items from my graduate
collection for an upcoming Magazine
her and friend, Kerry Leslie
were putting together in Birmingham as part of their final
collections.

I happily accepted and I want to say a big thank you to them both
for the opportunity they have given me.

Here is a little about the magazine, which is called Fake.

"F A K E is a collaborative project started by a fashion stylist and a graphic designer. The inspiration behind the publication was discovering that there was a wealth of unseen talent amongst our peers. We realised we had the perfect opportunity to showcase young, gifted, independent creatives. Not only this, there were a lot of interesting projects happening under the radar that we believed deserved more recognition. This magazine serves the purpose of promoting such ventures, taking F A K E in a different direction to other magazines that are found on news stands.

F A K E isn’t what fake is"

I was invited to their launch party which took place
last Friday, 27th May, at the 6/8 Kafe in Birmingham, a lovely
independent coffee house.
The place was full of friends, contributors and people that had asked to come
along, and was a really fun night, with music from Redherrings.

Here are a few snaps that I managed to get on the night.

6/8 Kafe.

Front cover board on display

Another board on display: Featuring my knicker from my final collection.

Music.

Issue 1: With ribbon and fake sticker

Issue 1: Each packaged in a paper back, with a typed label
Label.

Overall it was a lovely evening and I absolutely love not only the images
of my garments but the magazine itself. I would urge anybody
that is interested in upcoming designers, photographers and other
creatives to give it a read.

For now if you would like more information visit
Their website here and you can follow them on twitter here.
The magazine went on sale yesterday and can be ordered through their website.

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...