Sunday 18 April 2010

Everything leading up to this moment...

So I thought I would post some of my older work, just so you can see what I have been doing during my course up until now. This is my second year work. Enjoy...

Swimwear

Blue metallic swimsuit with hand made swing tag.

Printed strapless swimsuit with handmade box with carry handle.



Repeat print for swimwear. Created in Adobe Illustrator and Tex Design



Our design brief for the swimwear project was to design and make a mini collection of any two bikini or tankini set or swimsuit and a cover up of our choice. We were to design for a company of our own choice. My choice was shoe company Irregular Choice. With their range of fun, bright, quirky and youthful prints and fabrics, I thought it would be a great opportunity to create some interesting prints aswell as use intereting fabrics. I chose two simple styled swimsuits, one strapless and one with one arm. I created a playful bucket and spade repeat print with was used for one, and for my swimsuitand t-shirt dress cover up a bright metallic blue jersey to match the bright blue in my print.

Corsetry

Presentaion of our garments. Modelled by Jo.

Layout of my work for marking.

These first two are from our corsetry project. During this we learnt how to make corsets and basques. The design brief was to pattern cut and make a corset to any model size we chose and a basque to fit a size 12, 34 B. The basque could be adapted or could be split. I chose to make a long underbust corset and a pointed bra and a girdle inspired by 1940's and 1950's pin up styling, the Gil Elvgreen illustrations and lingerie fashions of the time.

Sportswear




We had to design imagine we were designing and making an outfit for Team GB for the 2012 Olympics. I chose to do running. This was an interesting project as we had to carefully consider seams they wouldn't rub and the use of wicking fabrics to allow the athlete to breathe in the garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...